Is it Beta 2.3 time already? I think it is. You’ll notice the list has gotten shorter, we’re making smaller and smaller changes. For the most part Beta 2.3 is about the appendices we’re you’ll find a few extra things.
From here on you’ll mostly just be seeing edits. We’ve got a great editor lined up and there are a few other little tweaks left to make. Oh, and that layout needs some love.
- We’ve fixed a lot of typos. Thanks in particular to jeremyf and tresi on github for not only finding typos but fixing them too!
- Martyr and Penitent work better with the current HP scale.
- Cleric spell tags are no longer a restriction, so Inquisitor and Scales of Life and Death have been replaced by new moves.
- Replace Gibber and Dictum with Command Elements
- The Human and Halfling Fighter moves have been rewritten
- The Human Paladin move has been rewritten
- Animal Companion Ferocity is a flat bonus again
- The Ranger now has moves for improving archery
- Backstab is now Dex-based
- Eldritch Touch and Eldritch Connection have been replaced with some cooler moves.
- Replace Identify with Charm Person
- Magic items have been rewritten, along with plenty of cool new items.
Blood and Guts
- Added an extended example of play
Appendix 1: Thanks
- The place where we’ll thank everyone who helped out, including the Guild.
Appendix 2: Teaching the Game
- How to introduce new players to Dungeon World
Appendix 3: Conversion
- How to convert adventures from other Dungeon-y games
Appendix 4: Instant NPCs
- Make an NPC on the fly.